- This event has passed.
Addiction Resource Open House
September 27, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In partnership with the Senate Democratic Caucus, my office is hosting an Addiction Resource Open House on Friday, September 27, 2019 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Pioneer Hose, 124 Morgan Street, Brackenridge, PA 15014.
We know that the addiction crisis has hit our region hard and many communities are feeling the impact. This event is open to individuals who suffer from addiction, as well as friends and loved ones who want to learn more. At this event, attendees will be able to talk to recovery specialists and family counselors, witness a Narcan demonstration, take home a safe prescription disposal bag, and much more.
In addition, the Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office will be on site to perform a Drug Take Back for the safe disposal of unused or expired prescription drugs.
Current participating organizations include:
- AIU Highlands Family Center
- Gateway Rehab
- Lost Dreams Awakening
- Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office Drug Take Back Table
- Western PA Alliance of Recovery Residences
- PA 2-1-1 Southwest
- Lt. Gov. John Fetterman
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Department of Income Maintenance
- Prevention Point Pittsburgh
- Jeremiah’s Place: A Relief Nursery in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Literature Only)
- Attorney General Josh Shapiro (Literature Only)